The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department is committed to providing high-quality public safety services to our constituents to create an environment in which all may enjoy optimum quality of life and economic prosperity. The mission of the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department is the protection of life and property, the preservation of the public peace and the enforcement of the law in partnership with our communities. To accomplish our mission, we dedicate ourselves to service with concern. The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department places key values on their concern for the community, their duties, fellow employees and their profession.
Concern for our community:
- Protect and serve our diverse community to the best of our ability
- Treat all with candor, empathy and respect
- Be accountable to the public trust
- Develop strength through partnerships and collaboration
Concern for our duties:
- Provide an individualized and innovative approach to each situation
- Act with courage in the face of adversity
- Lead through exemplary conduct, appearance and demeanor
- Strive for excellence through self-improvement, education and training
Concern for our fellow employees:
- Treat each other with respect, courtesy and fairness
- Encourage and accept the flow of communication
- Ensure positive recognition and encouragement of all employees
- Be a reliable teammate
Concern for our profession:
- Maintain ethical behavior both on and off the job
- Serve with honesty, loyalty and integrity
- Recognize the legacy created by our actions
- Respect the history and traditions of our agency.
LEMA currently has sixty-one members (Lieutenants and Captains) within the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department. Sheriff’s Lieutenants are the first level management class in the Deputy Sheriff series. Occasionally Lieutenants are called upon to participate in the investigation of a crime or to serve and/execute a civil process. Lieutenants manage a small law enforcement activity or assist a Captain in the operation of a division of the Sheriff’s Department. Sheriff’s Captains direct large-scale operations, formulate and implement special orders and policies, and directs preparation of a Division’s budget. Captains also coordinate activities with other Sheriff’s Department divisions, County Departments, courts and local, State and Federal law enforcement agencies.
Are you a manager from the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department?